Re: What is kapm-idled?

I've seen some slowdown's also when kapm-idled is enabled in the kernel:

   processes would be slower starting
   HD access was slower
   screen refresh was slower
   etc...

Using kernel 2.4.9 on a Dell Latitude CP M233ST.

Once I recompiled without the option, my speed is back.
I notice that the kapm-idled still shows up in my process
list, but it is not sucking up all the CPU time now.

Steve