Re: buggy broadband (?)

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 02:58:42PM -0400, Don Berkich wrote:
> "Give us a call if you have any more problems, however I must tell you
> that we do not support linux, and that is probably your problem."
>
> Doh!  Yes, I'm an idiot.  Will someone kick me in the head, please?  I
> did, indeed, mention the "L" word.  I'd no idea that all the stories
> about hostile unhelpful reactions were true.  I thought maybe times had
> changed.
>
> So now what should I do?  I need a white-paper specifying acceptable
> power and noise ranges.  Are there any helpful ATT techs out there with
> this info?  Where is the "DSL Reports"?
>
> I suppose I could put the modem on a win95 box and start screaming
> bloody murder at ATT.

That's what you need to do.  I keep a win box around so I can hook it
up to the CM if I ever have to have a tech out here (and I hide all my
cable tools too :)  Of course, if putting a windows box on the modem
makes the power levels come into spec I'd like to hear about this ...
it'd be an industry first.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.