Re: Ethernet Card recommendation

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 06:18:33AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
| I have the 3c* in the kernel (not as module), my 3c509b has pnp disabled (i
| did it using tjhe dos utility), but still the kernel does not recognize it!
| The only thing that I could think of is that the kernel image was created
| and installed when the pnp had not been disabled yet, but I am not sure it
| would influence the kernel image creation (i am not sure if the kernel image
| creation involves comparing options with running machine hardware).
| Any ideas? Thanks

Building a kernel has nothing to do with the currently running system.

For ISA cards (at least the Netgear EA211 card I have) require you to
specify the base IO address and the IRQ to use since there is no PnP
to figure it out for you (like PCI has).  (Before someone corrects me,
I know there is PnP for ISA but from all I've read it doesn't really
work.)

HTH,
-D