Re: buggy broadband (?)

[Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 07:41:22AM -0400] Don Berkich :

> The cablemodem, however, does not appear to lose sync:
> receive, send and online lights are steady-on.

Do not go by what the lights say !  They will be on even
when the upstream/downstream signals are weak.

> How do I isolate the problem?  That is, how do I determine
> if it's the Linksys NIC, the Linksys NIC/cablemodem
> connection

First change the patch cord linking your NIC and cable modem
and test.  If the problem remains, change your NIC card for
something better, say a 3Com/Intel Ether Pro Plus.  If you
are still short of luck, change/borrow the cable modem (get the
SB 3100 model to test, it is more proven) and check.

Please do keep the list informed of how you fixed your issue.

--
GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio