Re: Mounting a windows partition with full access

Eduard> Put "umask=000" to the other options in /etc/fstab. "man
Eduard> mount" will tell you more about needed options, eg. gid or
Eduard> uid.

ace22b> I know it's '000', but why ?

ace22b> Why not 666? I was rather puzzled by this a couple of years
ace22b> ago...

Umask is the `reverse' of the permissions. If a bit is set in the
umask, it means `don't set this bit in the permissions of a new
file/directory'.

So, using umask=0 will give you all permissions bits set.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>