Re: Returned message - mailbox size exceeded - what's going on

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 01:13:32AM +0000, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I am getting the following message for each mail I post to the
> debian-user list. What is this stuff. ? Anybody facing the same problem ?
> I am subscribed to the list in digest-mode.
>
> However my postings are going though to the list. But why I am receiving
> the below message ?
>
> List admin ?

This simply means that

1) someone has subscribed and then screwed up their account (mailbox
full, deleted, etc.)

2) the provider's mail setup is too dumb to realise that the bounce
message needs to go to the list (the envelope sender) rather than the
person in the From: header.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.