Re: Mozilla & JAVA

Hi Georges!

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Georges Goncalves wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I really wonder if the SID version of Mozilla is compiled with Java Support enabled...
>
> Why do I ask? Because I can't get it to work. I've tryed both a full manual Java JRE install and an automatic install (http://www.javasoft.com and let Mozilla be your guide :)
>
> Everything is installed but no way... about:plugins URL keeps on NOT showing the plugin...
>
> I do have the JRE installed and I do have the symlink in moz plugins dir.
>
> I really don't undertand... Any idea ?
>

> Greetings,

You need to install the xlibs package and create the following
symlink :

sfr@asterix:/usr/lib$ ll libXt*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 Aug 18 16:14 libXt.so ->
../X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6

HTH, Stefan

--
"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
		-- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"