Re: how does a linux user open a */mdb file?

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 10:53:33PM -0500, will trillich uttered:
> smoeone emailed me a *.mdb database. is there a *.mdb reader as
> a debian package? (i presume it's some database format -- i'd
> love to just get it into postgresql, or at least tab-sep-text.)

Cheating, and mounting my *cough* Windows partition, and running updatedb
gave up this gem:

steven@broken:~$ locate .mdb | sed 's/ /\\ /g' | xargs file
/mnt/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/1033/fpnwind.mdb:
MS Windows TrueType font
/mnt/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Business Planner/msbp_pln.mdb:
MS Windows TrueType font
/mnt/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/sbt/sbcm/sbcmtmpl.mdb:
MS Windows TrueType font
/mnt/Program Files/Microsoft
Office/Office/sbt/sbfm/anatools/busicomp/rma.mdb:                       MS
Windows TrueType font
/mnt/windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/sbt/Databases/Northwind
Traders Sample Company.mdb: MS Windows TrueType font
/mnt/windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/sbt/sbcm/sbcm.mdb:
MS Windows TrueType font
/mnt/windows/Profiles/All Users/Application Data/sbt/sbcm/sbcmlib.mdb:
ASCII text, with no line terminators

Which leaves me nice and confused.

--
                                                    Steve
Synthetic Transforming Entity Viable for Exploration and Nocturnal Killing