Re: question about hostname FOLLOWUP: EXIM

Hi,

'kay, important things first: what is that there furshlugginer "HTH"? I
notice lots o' people usin' it. :)

I went onto the #debian channel on openprojects.net IRC and asked around
about the exim/fetchmail thing. Was told to add this to my .fetchmailrc file:

with mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

... and now it works. Or seems to.

But I must know: WHY does it work? And is procmail REPLACING exim, or some
other part of the quilt? How to sort out sendmail/exim/procmail/fetchmail
and the slew of names ...

I crave me some clarity. Gotta go read some manpages.

>      Yeah, nice to know exim is lots fun for others.  I have the same set-up
> as you, static DSL.  I'll attach my exim.config/fetchmailrc  files as I had to
> hack this sucker up to get what I wanted:

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"