how 2 replace xterm with rxvt?

Hello,

Pls CC me when replying...thanks! I want to replace xterm with rxvt..I have installed rxvt but haven't removed xterm yet...should I? Anyway, couple of problems/questions

rxvt should be smaller so it should load faster...yet it doesn't...it loads so slowwww...

I try to load it (rxvt) via icewm toolbar using the command "rxvt" sometimes using "rxvt-xterm" (read that somewhere but didn't explain it too much...) to maybe speed it up to no avail...also tried the command "x-terminal-emulator" loads xterm if it's installed if not, it loads the super turtle rxvt terminal instead...

any hints?