question about hostname FOLLOWUP: EXIM

Hi,

Following up on the discussion some days ago about the stuff below. I had
my ISP point the static IP to the domain name (or vice-versa).

I'm now trying to get exim/fetchmail to work. I suspect I have been
picking all the wrong options in eximconfig, because no matter how many
times I have gone round, I get the following when I try to run fetchmail:

6 messages (2 seen) for burningclown at burningclown.com (18717 octets).
skipping message 1 (2375 octets) not flushed
skipping message 2 (2675 octets) not flushed
reading message 3 of 6 (4214 octets) fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: can't raise the listener; falling back to $sendmail %Tsh: chexmix: command not found
fetchmail: SIGPIPE thrown from an MDA or a stream socket error
fetchmail: socket error while delivering to SMTP host burningclown.com
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: terminated with signal 13

Can anyone diagnose that? My .fetchmailrc file is as follows (password
deleted)

poll mail.burningclown.com proto POP3 username burningclown password
<password>

... essentially, I'm floundering here, because at base I'm not sure WHAT
eximconfig option to choose at the outset. I have a DSL connection but it
seems like eximconfig option (2) (Internet site using smarthost) is the
closest (since after all I've been getting mail by ssh-ing in to the
account), but I don't know what to list as the "smarthost" ... would it
be mail.burningclown.com?

I can keep going around eximconfig until it works, but maybe it never
will! Would anyone care to shower enlightenment upon me (provided it's
available)? :)

Thanks for any help,

Glenn