Re: SoundBlaster 16 Vibra

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Sam Varghese wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:29:56PM +0200, Arthur Buijs wrote:
> > I'm new to Linux and have recently installed Debian Potato.
> >
> > I have a SoundBlaster 16 Vibra card. According to "The Linux Sound HOWTO" the soundcard is supported by de Linux kernel sound driver. The card works under NT. It doesn't work under Linux so far.
> >
> > I ran modconf but couldn't find a module for this card. Is that right?
> > Does Debian Potato have a sound driver configuration utility? If not do I have to use pnpdump, isapnp.conf and isapnp? If so, how do I make isapnp run at startup?
> >
> > Art
>
> you can try using alsa.
>
> www.alsa-project.org

Nope, at least not the free version in the current kernels...  I tried,
and it only works for some apps.

I've got the vibra at home, can't peek at the config currently, but
I have it using the sb module (even autodetected iirc)

--
Rick Nelson
"Nominal fee". What an ugly sentence. It's one of those things that