Re: Unstable/Testing bugfix issues (was Re: RedHat vs Debian?)

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 01:38:07PM -0700, Craig Dickson wrote:
> So you're saying that things that go into the security updates site
> don't also appear in unstable? And this isn't just because the security
> fixes are against stable packages that are already superseded in
> unstable?

As I understand it, that _may_ happen, as the security site is
maintained by the security team, who are quick and efficient, while
sid is handled by the individual package maintainers, who may not
move as fast.  But if it does happen, it's just because of the way
things happen to turn out, not by design.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox