Re: OT: wireless peer-to-peer

Fair enough.  Thanks anyway.

	-Brian

Nathan E Norman wrote:

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 10:19:50AM +0000, John Griffiths wrote:

At 06:50 PM 8/30/01 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

[ Why all the wireless questions all of a sudden? There are dedicated
lists for this, y'know. ]

c'mon Joey, lighten up

Wireless is crossing the aceptance threshold out there as the gear starts turning up cheap on the shelves.

And making it work under debian is fine for this list no?

No, this list is for debian users (e.g. installing and configuring
debian).  Let's start a debian-wireless list if there's such demand
for wireless + debian (I use 802.11 at work and am trying to figure
out how to afford it for home, btw).

This list already has a disturbing tendency to devolve into a support
desk for all things linux; while admirable it's not the intent of this
list.  I guess debian users are just smarter :-)

Cheers,

--
Brian J. Stults
Assistant Professor