Re: debian equivalent of redhat mouseconfig

* descdata@att.net (descdata@att.net) [010830 19:44]:
> Hi, I'm trying to get X Window System up and running.
> I'm failing because I do not have a /dev/mouse. I
> understand that at some point I was suppose to make this
> a symbolic link to the real mouse device
> (??/dev/psaux ??).
>
> Poking around, I found mouseconfig, a redhat utility,
> which will (I hope)probe my ports and tell me clearly
> and unambiguously what port is the ps/2 mouse.
>
> The problem at the moment is that mouseconfig is redhat
> and I'm debian. Is there a debian equivalent to
> mouseconfig? Is there anouther, better way to determine
> with port is the mouse?

Sorry if this sounds like a smart-ass answer, but:

a PS/2 mouse has a round connector; a serial mouse has a trapezoidal
one. (And a USB mouse has a rectangle).

Most likely, you have a PS/2 mouse, and the device you should use is
/dev/psaux

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.