Re: Just a question

* Brian Schramm (brian.schramm@ncmail.net) [010830 19:41]:
> Is there a way that I can take a passwd file and compare the full name data
> in it to the email ldap server and give a a list of what it finds and what it
> misses?  I am doing this manually but with the number of users that there are
> involved it is going to be really time consuming.

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but this should probably
help you get started:

awk -F : '{print $5}' /etc/passwd | sed -e "s/^\([^,]*\).*$/\1/"

That will give you a list of just the full names. Pipe that into
something else that will look each one up in the directory service.

Not a complete answer, but it's a start...

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.