Re: apt-get install netscape

Eric Whitestone(earwax@erols.com) is reported to have said:
> I tried using apt-get to install netscape. It prompted me to insert my potato CD. Then I got this error msg durring the install.
> Setting up netscape3 (3.04-8) ...
>
> ERROR: The Netscape archive must be in /tmp under the name:
>        /tmp/netscape-v304-export.x86-unknown-linux-elf.tar.[gz|Z]
>
>        Do NOT simply rename the archive of another version in order to
>        force it to install with this package.  It will not work.
>
>        Archive files can be found on at:
>            ftp://archive.netscape.com/archive/navigator/3.01/unix/
>            netscape-v304-export.x86-unknown-linux-elf.tar.gz
>
> dpkg: error processing netscape3 (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  netscape3
>
> 	I am very new to Debian and the apt-get utility. Any ideas?

Go to the netscape download page and download
netscape-v304-export.x86-unknown-linux-elf.tar.[gz|Z]
and put it into /tmp.  Then re-run apt-get install netscape.

I haven't done that in quite a while but that seems like a very old
version.  I installed 4.77 when I installed potato. I think
some are even using Netscape 6.x.
--
Warning, keyboard not found. Press Enter to continue.