Re: RedHat vs Debian?

Ross Burton wrote:

> Wrong order, unstable is less stable than testing.  Testing is packages
> being tested for stable.

Depends. Testing contains packages that have gone some period of time in
unstable without any crippling bugs reported, but on the other hand,
when a nasty bug manages to creep into testing, it stays there for a
while because the fix has to go through the same process of being
submitted to unstable and being used for a while without any further
crippling bugs reported. Personally, I don't run testing, and don't want
to. I'd rather run unstable; at least when there is a problem, I'll get
the fix ASAP.

Craig