Re: Partitioning Advice

Robert Waldner wrote:
> (swap is on hda3 and equals the size of my
>  physical RAM (128 MB), I remember something about swap shouldn´t be
>  more than physical RAM or the like, somebody could fill in hard facts
>  on that?)

That's complete and utter bullshit, superstitious oral tradition.

You actually need swap the most if you have *little* RAM, so it doesn't
take a rocket scientist to figure out the contradiction with the above.

Really just depends on how much stuff you're going to run.  It could be
that 128MB is sufficient.