Re: Re[2]: bbdb-initialize in .emacs

mmiller3@iupui.edu (Michael A. Miller) writes:

> I'm trying to set up bbdb and am unclear on the process for the
> bbdb package.  The docs (/usr/share/doc/bbdb/README.Debian) say
> that to enable bbdb support, I need to  add a call to
> bbdb-initialize in my .emacs.  So I added

I presume someone already got back to you, but you probably also need

  (require 'bbdb)

before the initialize statement in your .emacs.  Bbdb doesn't appear
to do this automagically (it's commented out in the
/etc/emacs20/site-start.d/50bbdb-init.el file), and that's good thing
because it makes it possible for people to choose whether or not they
want bbdb, and it also makes it much easier for users to install/use
local versions.

Hope this helps.

--
Rob Browning