Re: Linksys EtherFast 10/100 v5 has no IRQ

On Wed, 29 August 2001, "Michael P. Soulier" wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 10:03:57PM -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> > I have a Linksys Etherfast 10/100, I think it's revision 3, though. All you
> > should need to do is enable the driver in the kernel, compile, then, if you
> > compile it as a module (I compile it statically), you'll need to make modules
> > and make modules-install, and modprobe/insmod the module. Turn off PnP OS in
> > your BIOS if it's on.
>
>     That last point is a good one. I couldn't get that card working until PNP
> was off in the bios.
>
>     Note that since this is Debian, make-kpkg is probably preferred to the
> basic "make bzImage; make modules; make modules-install".

Ok, a few things I'm having trouble with.
1) I can't get into my BIOS.  I've tried, but I think I killed the access prcedure.  I have put a new hard drive in this machine so it doesn't behave like the Compaq website tells me to.  It says to hit F10, but that doesn't do anything.  If anyone knows about Compaqs, I have a Presario CDS 982 (about 5 years old)
2) I have a USB card plugged into another PCI slot, and it is getting an IRQ assigned.  I don't know why this card is not.  The output looks similar for the two cards:

~# cat /proc/pci

Bus  0, device  19, function  0:
  USB Controller: VIQ Technologies, Inc. UHCI USB (rev 4).
    IRQ 11.
    Master Capable.  Latency=66.
    I/O at 0x1880 [0x181f].
Bus  0, device  20, function  0:
  Ethernet controller: PCI device 1317:0984 (Bridgecom, Inc) (rev 17).
    Master Capable.  Latency=66.  Min Gnt=254.Max Lat=255.
    I/O at 0x1000 [0x10ff].
    Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x10000000 [0x100003ff].

Like I said, I don't kno why there is no IRQ for the NIC.  I've tried compiling the code you sent me, I'm attaching the output I got back.  I used the command I found in the readme file on the disk.  I used the code you sent me though...