Re: package in a bad way - what to do

Hi,

> I recall posting a few direct suggestions that I don't believe were
> responded to.  These issues can be difficult to resolve.  List traffic's
> also been high the past couple of days, and I've been thinning out mail
> significantly.

Yes. I succumbed to the desperation that these things sometimes engender
in me. As it turned out I benefited (!) from the distraction of the first day
at a new job, came home and, !refreshed from a day's work, solved the
problem.

> Have you looked into the suggestions that I'd made regarding
> postinstallation scripts?

See the embarrassed plea for forgiveness I posted at the end of the
matter. A few days ago I was heaping praise upon this community for
being a fount of facts. This list does fairly rock: even I, though, fall
prey to the desire for instant clarification, instant gratification,
instant illumination.

We learn. And as I've said before (here, months ago?), the Linux realm
-promotes- learning, which is one of the great things about it ... and as
Ari S. Totle once said "to learn gives the liveliest pleasure."

Best,

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"