Re: package in a bad way - what to do

Hi,

> The document in Polish doesn't really contain anything useful regarding your
> problem. Basically it just reiterates that packages marked
> "reinstall-required" cannot be handled by dpkg unless you use
> --force-reinstreq or whatever. Dead end there :D

Wow. Thanks for checking that out!

Still, my basic query seems to be being batted around like a bad joke, or
ignored. Can no one advise me on why these options, which are prominently
listed in the dpkg manpages, don't seem to work?

I -loathe- inching into 'squeaky wheel' territory, since my experience is
that the squeakiest people are sometimes (I -didn't- say "often" or
"always" so no one accuse me o' that!) the most clueless.

I guess I need someone to tell me whether I am a) asking a stupid
question, or b) asking a question which has no answer. I'd sure like to
know. And if (a), why is it stupid?

Thanks - NOTE: if this is A REALLY STUPID QUESTION and ergo a waste of
bandwidth, please flame me directly. :)

Glenn

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"