OT: HPLJ4, PCL, specifically tray selection

Another PITA:

I've got a Hewlett Packard LaserJet 4 Printer, it's got a primary and
manual feed tray.  Question is:  how do I indicate a job's supposed to
go to the manual-feed tray?

I suspect it's a PCL issue.  I've found a page with a list of codes that
looks promising:

    http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl02705.html

...but hell if I know how to apply them.

I'm using lpr.  I remember some stuff from way back when I ran on HPUX
that we'd throw a slew of options at the printer with jobs for various
output options (usually portrait/landscape orientation).  I'm hoping
that I can do something here either with a '-o' option or with a
printcap configuration.

Anyone?