Re: Linksys EtherFast 10/100 v5 has no IRQ

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 07:07:44AM -0700, bedlam@alumni.rice.edu wrote:
> In my ongoing effort to put a second NIC in my computer I have purchased a
> new NIC, an EtherFast 10/100 version 5.  However, Linux or my box doesn't
> see the NIC enough to give it an IRQ number.  Everything else seems in order
> when I pull up cat /proc/pci, except there is no IRQ number...  I'm trying
> to use the tulip driver that came w/ the 2.4.9 kernel,  tulip.c version
> 0.9.15-pre6

    You shouldn't have to specific an irq, it's a pci NIC.

    I'm running several LNE100TX cards, and they work great. The only problem
is that I had to get the latest tulip source. I'm attaching it to this email.
The location was specified in the documentation on the floppy that comes with
the NIC. I wish they'd included the source, but that's my only complaint.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael.soulier@home.com>
"Pretty soon, massive bloat is the industry standard and everyone is using