Re: package in a bad way - what to do

In re:

> Now it's time for surgery.
> Go find the deb file and run dpkg -c aime-whatever-.deb
>
> Just destroy all the files that are listed as being part of the package
> and judisciously scrub the c>

OK, I'll try it.

BUT and I do mean BUT ... this is Kafka-esque. I don't often run into a
problem that seems to get laughed away, pushed under a rug or ignored ...
that, it seems to me, is the style of the realm of proprietary software!
:)

Can no one tell me why the options involving 'reinstreq' just don't seem
to ... work on my machine? Why they are seemingly unrecognized when the
manual, in fact, prominently lists them?

A search on 'reinstreq' on the debian.org website turns up one document
... in Polish. There are several bug reports for [the testing version of]
dpkg, but a cursory look doesn't reveal anything relevant.

I'm running a custom 2.4.8 kernel, but the only thing I customized was
module versioning ... this couldn't have anything to do with the problem,
could it? I'm fishin' here, and I'm a vegetarian - so you know I'm
desperate!

Thanks,

Glenn

http://www.burningclown.com