Re: installing on an ext.2 partition created by partition magic

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 11:50:37AM +0300 or thereabouts, Shaul Karl wrote:
> is it possible to install debian on an existing ext2 partition? when i use cfdisk or fdisk it screws up my partition table. i'm attempting to multi-boot Win98, W2K, and Linux.

It is possible.  If you are booting windows and linux, don't use linux's *fdisk tools.
They work correctly, but do not create an MS compatible partition table.  I got my
dad to use partition magic to partition his disk for linux and it worked fine.  Just
specify the partition you want during install and be sure to format it (just in case).

All should be fine.

I should say that if your partition table is not in good shape.  Fix it now, otherwise
you won't be able to later without wiping out either linux or windows or both.

Jamie Strandboge

--
"The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at
least until we've finished building it."  -- Author unknown

Email:                  jstrand1@rochester.rr.com
GPG/PGP Public Key ID:  26384A3A
GPG/PGP Fingerprint:    D9FF DF4A 2D46 A353 A289  E8F5 AA75 DCBE 2638 4A3A