RE: Configuring ethernet driver

> I would like point out a problem with the installation
> instructions for Debian. Nowhere does the user receive a hint how
> to configure the Ethernet driver. I wasted considerable time
> getting my network connection up because I didn't know, 1) what
> my Ethernet card driver was and 2)what configuration parameters
> it needed.
>
> I did get things up a running. I'd like to feed my experience
> back into the documentation. Has anyone else had the same
> problem(s) and if so, where could the documentation be improved
> to make installation easer?

I had the same problem. My card wasn't listed. Good thing I had another
computer at my side with net access. A google search turned up the driver to
select. If I didn't have the other computer, I would have been out of luck.

----
Robert S. Koss, Ph.D.   | Training and Mentoring
Senior Consultant       | Object Oriented Design
Object Mentor, Inc.     | C++, Java
www.objectmentor.com    | Extreme Programming