Re: package in a bad way - what to do

Okay:

> Take a shot of whiskey and type:
> dkpg --force-remove-reinstreq aime

Did this. And got this:

dpkg: need an action option

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use dselect for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
Type dpkg --licence for copyright licence and lack of warranty (GNU GPL) [*].

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or `more' !

... which is weird, yes? Because I GAVE it an action option. I typed it
'zackly. Have no whuskey in th' house. I tried typing some of those
'force' options before posting, too, and got similar messages.

> That should wipe it clean off.  If not, drink
> more whiskey or other beverage of choice.

If I had some Old Bushmills here and didn't have to go to work in the
morning, you bet I would. Phew. Why why why.

http://www.burningclown.com
"Everyone's Portal to Nothing At All"