Re: xinit as normal user

On 27 Aug 2001 20:14:39 -0400, JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:
> My debian install on one laptop lets me xinit as any user, but my other
> laptop won't. I've even chmod'ed all the xf86 servers as g+x, what am I
> missing?

Try reconfiguring the xserver package to allow console users to start x.

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 (I think the option is in this package)

Or edit your /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc to remove the option for root only
(I can't find the exact docs or option but I remeber it's somewhere
around there).

--mike