Re: Sys Admin guide specific to Debian?

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> > There is also _Learning Debian GNU/Linux_ from O'Reilly, though some of
> > it may be a little dated at this point since it's a few years old.
>
> I can't recommend this book.

Neither can I.  I accidentally picked this one up before I knew better.

>   - Nemeth, et al, _UNIX Administration Handbook_, Prentice Hall.
>   - Frisch, _Essential System Administration_, O'Reilly.
>   - Siever, et al, _Linux in a Nutshell_, O'Reilly.
>   - Matt Welsh, _Running Linux_, O'Reilly.
>   - Peek, et all, _UNIX Power Tools_, O'Reilly.

One I liked in particular was the Unix Bookshelf put out by O'Reilly.  It's 6
books on CD (UNIX in a Nutshell and UNIX Power Tools are my two favorites in
there) as well as a hardcopy of UNIX in a Nutshell.  These have definitely
helped me out.

Jeremy