Re: a news reader able to extract correctly the stuff of a.b.* groups?

On 28 Aug, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> Hello!
> i am experiencing some problems with my favourite newsreader (trn) to
> extract archives from alt.binary groups.....
>
> in fact if the order isn't exactly matched or if by some means another
> archive begiinning crosses the actual decompression process and the
> whole thing vanishes in the void....
>
> is there any newsreader out there that is less error-prone and more
> indulgent concerning the extraction of archives? beeing notably be able
> to reorder itself the parts it downloaded?
>
> would be nice if i could select by regexp or everything from a group and
> let it extract without needing to save all to disk and then reorder
> using a mail-client....

Hi!

Don't know about trn as I usually use nn for binary groups and knews for
other reading... old habits...
But if you can make trn save all tagged/selected messages individually
into a folder you could then use 'juju' on the contents of that folder
and let it find and order all the pieces and then decode them.

nn, to my knowledge, can't output to individual files, so I either
manage the saving of messages manually for those that arrive out of
order or intermixed with other messages I wish to decode, into a large
file, or sic juju directly on the news spool for the group if I want
most everything anyway...

Regards,

/Michael
--