Re: Rerunning software installation utility

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 01:51:07PM -0400, Steve Dondley wrote:
| Hi,
|
| Situation:
| I did a bare installation of Debian on my computer.  In other words, when
| the Debian installation asked me which kinds of packages I wanted to install
| on my hard drive, I didn't select anything.  To clarify, I'm talking about
| the utility that runs after the user selects the "Simple" package
| installation option.
|
| Question:
| What I'd like to do is run that package installation program again so I can
| install all the HOWTOs, Info, faqs, etc. docs on the hard drive in one fell
| swoop.  How do I run this utility?

That utility is called "dselect".  You can use it or any of the other
apt programs or frontends.  "apt-get", "aptitude" and "console-apt"
come to mind.  Try them out and pick the one you like the best.
(apt-get is a command-line tool, the others are curses based).

HTH,
-D