Re: An MP3 player

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:14:42AM -0400, Mike Dresser wrote:
> mp3blaster (you can even chroot people to your mp3 directory.  Heh, i
> just found a bug in that, if i chroot it to my /mp3 dir, it can't open
> the /dev/* file.  Ok, forget that option =) )

`ln /dev/foo /mp3/dev/foo` (note no -s!) should take care of that.

> apt-cache show package will show you what's available, without having to
> wander through dselect, or guess.

ITYM `apt-cache search <pattern>`.  apt-cache show requires you to
already know the package name.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox