Re: ext3 howto

	Subject: Re: ext3 howto
	Date: Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:25:39AM +1000

Quoting John Foster(johnpf@atnet.net.au):
> Wayne,
>
> Can you expand on "make menuconfig will not run very well..."
>
> I've never had any problems, just wondering what the issues are...
>
> or am I missing something very simple?
>
> John

You never had a problem running 'make menuconfig' while you were in
the /usr/src directory?  You must be doing something different then I
am John.

  I am old fashioned, I put my kernel sources into a directory in
/usr/src ( /usr/src/kernel-2.x.x) and then symlink them to
/usr/src/linux. So if I was in /usr/src and did make menuconfig,
I wouldn't get very far compiling a kernel.

 Do you do it differently?

 Best Regards

 Wayne
--
You don't have to know how the computer works, just how to work the
computer.