Re: Problem installing sis900.o on Potato

> Do you mean I have to install 2.4.x kernel and download the latest
sis900
> module? 2.2.15 and later kernel seems to support sis900. But I will
upgrade
> my system anyway - I don't have any better idea.

No, I mean use the one that ships with 2.4 and you will have no
difficulty. At
least I had no difficulty using the one with the 2.4.5 that was build for
Potato (now it is 2.4.9).  As far as I can tell the one you download from
SIS currently is actually what is in 2.4, and is 2.4 only.

The point is that the one in 2.2 does not support all 900s, only the old
ones, and to get the support for the new ones you need the new driver
and that requires 2.4.

Good luck

I'm using Linux kernel 2.2.19pre17, so I must upgrade it to 2.4.x. The "problem" is that I don't have Internet access on my Potato - upgrading to 2.4.x can be challenging for newbies like me. Many utilities are out-dated and have to be upgraded separately. If I can install sis900.o by other means and get online immediatedly, I won't have any trouble at all with apt-get.

在 http://explorer.msn.com.tw/intl.asp 免費下載 MSN Explorer