Re: Sid Newbie - some questions

>4. Okay - trouble-shooting time.  When I start X if works fine for about
>2 minutes, then the mouse jerks for a few seconds before locking up.
>Any idea why this is?

GPM is the culprit. This process allows you to cut and paste in console
mode. The repeater or something like that is setup incorrectly. Run
"gpmconfig" as root in console and play with the config. Start X and see if
the mouse freaks out again. IIRC, for my system I had to remove the -R flag
to remove the "repeating". Otherwise, consult previous posts about this
issue for more answers.

Scott