RE: SIS5513 UDMA problem +Andre's IDE patches

OOPS, I didn't post this mail to the right list.
Excuse me

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Pascal THIVENT
A: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org'
Date: 27/08/01 15:08
Objet: SIS5513 UDMA problem +Andre's IDE patches

Hi all,

first, excuse me for boring the entire list with this question that has
(I
think so) already been solved.

I've got a 'little' problem with DMA feature...
I use a motherboard with a SIS5513 IDE chipset and two UDMA hard disk.
I run a 2.2.17 home build kernel.

Here come an extract of the dmesg output :
SIS5513: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 09
SIS5513: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
SIS5513: simplex device:  DMA disabled
ide0: SIS5513 Bus-Master DMA disabled (BIOS)
SIS5513: simplex device:  DMA disabled
ide1: SIS5513 Bus-Master DMA disabled (BIOS)
hda: QUANTUM FIREBALL CR8.4A, ATA DISK drive
hdb: QUANTUM FIREBALL ST4.3A, ATA DISK drive

I use the UDMA feature under M$ and it works fine.
So, I made a little search on the net and found information about my
problem.
The informations that I have collected mention Andre's IDE patches
avalaible
at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/
Then, I took a look at thoses patches and found in the
README.IDE.BACKPORT.FINAL file
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/README.IDE.BACKPO
RT.F
INAL) the following note :

  README.IDE

  This directory will have stable and test patch code that are
  solely related to various IDE-Block devices and chipset specific code.

  README.IDE.BACKPORT.FINAL

  These are the last backport patchs.

  ide.2.2.17.all.20000904.patch
  ide.2.2.18-3.all.20000904.patch

  I do not have any more time to back port.
  Only dead critical issues will be addressed.

  Sorry.

  Andre Hedrick
  The Linux ATA/IDE guy

He come my question : what are BACKPORT patches ?
Andea Hedrick talks about last patches from 2000/09/04. However, I found
version from the 2000/11/20. Are the patches from the latest release the
right one to apply ?
Does anybody have already applied succesfully this patch ? Is there any
thing to take care of ?

Thank for your experience

--
Pascal Thivent