Re: OT: vim syntax highlight on C program files only?

I found stuff like this before and have been using it:

" When using mutt or slrn, text width=72
autocmd BufRead  mutt*[0-9]                    set tw=72
autocmd BufRead  .followup,.article,.letter    set tw=72
"
" Text files have a text width of 72 characters
autocmd BufNewFile *.txt                       set tw=72
autocmd BufRead    *.txt                       set tw=72

I'm sure the same could be said for C files, like so:
autocmd BufNewFile *.c        set formatoptions=croql cindent
autocmd BufRead    *.c        set formatoptions=croql cindent

-Rob

> On 20010827.1826, Karsten M. Self said ...
>
> I'm starting to play with C a bit.  Discovering some nice things in vim.
>
> I know that there's an 'au' and 'augroup' commands, and that a number of
> vim settings can be configured using these.  I'm not sure what current
> settings exist for C program files (matching pattern *.c), or how I
> should use these settings to enable appropriate settings for programming
> support.
>
> In particular, I'd like to enable syntax highlighting, and maybe get
> some ideas of what I should change to make things a bit more readable
> (some of my screen colors are very hard to read, particularly blue, also
> red, bolding them should help a lot).
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
>  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?             There is no K5 cabal
>   http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/               http://www.kuro5hin.org
>    Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!    http://www.freesklyarov.org
> Geek for Hire                        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/resume.html

Random Quote:
A morning without coffee is like something without something else...