Re: Good day/evening friends !!!!

2) reiserfs

  reiserfs is a journaling filesystem.  Journaling basically keeps track of what
    is being modified when it happens.  The most notable benefit to this is that if
    a box crashes while the filesystem is mounted, you don't have to fsck the whole
    drive, just the dirty portions.  Very nice.  You can get alot more info at
    www.reiserfs.org.

I've converted almost all my filesystems to reiserfs and they're working great, even
had my fileserver lose power (kids will learn not to touch UPS buttons).  Box was
up in amazing time.

The only problem I've found appears to be some io issues with nfs sharing out a
reiserfs filesystem.  I haven't been able to track it down, but so far it's been
very minor issue as it only seems to happen on one of my filesystems.

Robert

Thus spake shyamk@eth.net (shyamk@eth.net):