Re: Running remote X apps

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 07:27:33PM -0700, Duncan Watson wrote:

:X is not listening.  So even though I changed /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc and
:removed the "-nolisten tcp" stuff X is still not open a TCP port to listen
:on.
:
:I have installed "xfree86-common 4.0.2-1", could it be that it is a compile
:time option?

Not compile time as the only available switch is '-nolisten <proto>'
there is no equivelent -listen switch.

If you're using a graphical login (xdm, wdm, gdm, ...), the config for
the Display manager is used not /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc, which is
used when you "startx" from the commandline.

Using wdm the gonfig you want is in /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers.  Since all
of these display managers are essentially hacked versions of xdm, I
suspect the file conventions are the same.

-Jon