Re: Tips on IDE CD Writing under Debian

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Andrew Perrin wrote:

> Well, you're the second person who's said exactly that - all I can say is
> that when I tried, I couldn't get cda to play an audio cd on /dev/scd1
> (the ide-scsi device) but it immediately worked on /dev/hdc when I removed
> the modules. I will now try again and report back as to whether my hack
> was entirely useless.

just a wild guess - but the first scsi device is scd0 not scd1 - so on
my box which is entirely ide - the cdrom ends up being scd0

Of course if you have other scsi devices (or another drive that is
grabing scd0) then this wont be the case.

another thought is permissions on the device?

cheers

dc

But, with very few exceptions, it is the composers of
the tunes, not the writers of the words, which have
made our English hymns famous.  The average Englishman
will happily sing any words to a good tune.

                                        Reginald Frary
                               "Don't upset the choir"

David Purton

http://www.chariot.net.au/~dcpurton/