Re: Sendmail and mutt problems

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Bud Rogers wrote:

> On Saturday 25 August 2001 15:50 pm, Craig Holyoak wrote:

> > From: Craig Holyoak <craigh@uq.net.au>
> > To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> > Subject: Sendmail and mutt problems
>
> > I am trying to use mutt to send my email. Sendmail is my mailer. Whenever
> > I try to send a message, I get the error:
> >
> >   Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.
>
> Looks like you have a different username in your From line than your actual
> login username.  Sendmail balks at that unless you're listed on the
> TrustedUser line in sendmail.cf.  I think you can also run sendmail with a -f
> switch to get around that restriction.  In either case, you'll probably have
> to have root on the box in question to restart sendmail.

zzholyo is my username at my ISP (uq.net.au). craigh is an alias. But this
is all at my ISP. The problems are coming from my own box - mail never
reaches the ISP. I have sendmail set as a smart host to smtp.uq.net.au,
but snedmail spits before anything gets that far. I have had sendmail
setup fine before like this.

--
Craig Holyoak
craigh@uq.net.au