Re: Sendmail and mutt problems

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Jason Majors wrote:
> I'd suggest switching to exim. It is sooo much easier to configure and manage.
> I used to have sendmail headaches all the time, then I tried exim and I've
> loved it since. (No I'm not a paid endorser, I just think it's a great mailer).
>
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 06:50:36AM +1000, Craig Holyoak scribbled...
> > I am trying to use mutt to send my email. Sendmail is my mailer. Whenever
> > I try to send a message, I get the error:
> >
> >   Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.
> >
> > I am using unstable (sendmail 8.11.4+8.12.0.Beta16-3). Does anyone know
> > what I need to change?

Yes, I've thought about exim, and tried it once, but I could never get it
to masquerade messages properly (I want it to convert my internal address
- craig@helmsdeep.org - to my external address - craigh@uq.net.au - but it
would never seem to do it properly. Granted this was a while ago. Does
anyone have any experience with this feature of exim working properly?

Craig

--
Craig Holyoak
craigh@uq.net.au