Re: swapon and raid systems

"Cory Snavely" <csnavely@umich.edu> writes:

> Which boot script is that? I can understand the logic of not wanting to swap
> on an md device that's getting a RAID resync, but it surprises me that even
> non-mirrored swap would be passed over as well.

The init scripts in package sysvinit (checkroot.sh and mountall.sh). All
they do is call swapon -a (conditionally).

> I'd recommend watching a few graceful reboots closely to see exactly what's
> happening with the resyncs and with the swap activation.

Yes, I confirmed that if the system reboots gracefully, then the swapon
command is properly executed.

--
Dave Carrigan (dave@rudedog.org)            | Yow! I feel like a wet parking
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS | meter on Darvon!