Re: dual boot from two hdd

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
>Hello
>How can I boot my system with dual boot like having
>windows in one harddisk and linux on another harddisk.
>How to configure my lilo. please help me to solve this problem.

>Thankz

>V.Suryanarayan

Install windows first.  Install Debian on the other drive and tell the
installer that you want LILO installed in the mbr.  I'm assuming that you
have windows 98. If you have windows with an NT bootloader, I think it still
works, but I'm not sure.

When you install Debian also make a boot floppy, because you may have to
edit /etc/lilo.conf and add 'lba32' in the top paragraph.  It depends on a
few things.  First: is your 2nd drive the primary slave or is it on the
secondary ide?  Second: Does the 2nd drive have more than 1023 cylinders?
If it is the primary slave and has less than 1024 cylinders, you should not
need to put 'lba32' in /etc/lilo.conf.  Otherwise you will probably need to
do that and then run /sbin/lilo.

The installer will see the windows installed and will put the necessary
paragraph in /etc/lilo.conf for that.

Do you already have both windows and debian installed?

Anita