Re: dual boot from two hdd

"V.Surya Narayanan" wrote:

> Hello
>
> How can I boot my system with dual boot like having
> windows in one harddisk and linux on another harddisk.
> How to configure my lilo. please help me to solve this problem.
>
> Thankz
>
> V.Suryanarayan

# /etc/lilo.conf: Sample LILO boot loader configuration.
# IN ORDER TO USE THIS CONFIGURATION YOUR MAINBOARD *MUST*
# BE CAPABLE OF BOOTING FROM ANOTHER DRIVE. Some boards cannot load
bootstrap code located
# anywhere beyond the first GB of the first (C:) IDE drive.
# Newer mainboards do have this feature, but since I use an older board
with an
# IDE disk attached, I'm not too clear on the details. The documentation
can be
# difficult to read, but patience and having some help from the right
sources usually gets
# this person through. I'll add that CHANGING lilo.conf CAN RENDER YOUR
SYSTEM UNUSABLE
# AND THE LINES BELOW ARE ONLY AN EXAMPLE. Heck, I'm not even sure if
they are correct, but I
# do know that lilo and lilo.conf really just tell the system where to
look for the information
# it needs to get started. ...g.b...
boot=/dev/hda1
root=/dev/hda1