Re: Network configuration

Hi Bob,
	You can (should) stick your script in /etc/init.d. Then, check what runlevel
you're in. It should be at the top of /etc/inittab. For that runlevel, go in
to the appropriate /etc/rcX.d folder (X corresponding to your runlevel) and
put a symlink to the script in /etc/init.d. Pay attention to the prefix on
the alias name, the S is critical (won't load without it), and the number
determines what order scripts are executed.
	If the script isn't too complex, you may be able to do what you need without
it. Check the manpage for "interfaces", which is the config file for ifup and
ifdown. It should be able to do the stuff you want without resorting to a
custom script. interfaces is in /etc/network by the way. Good luck!

- David Nusinow
  krmt1984@ucla.edu