Network configuration

I'm still quite new to this excellent os (Potato r3)
and am building a web server.
I have made a script - rc.local to configure my
network adapter using ifconfig and route.
At the moment I'm invoking this by hand after bootup.
My question is where do I install this script so that
it's automatically run on boot up?

I'm also running Apache by hand, having built it from
a tarball off a magazine CD. That's what the boss
wanted!. Should I start that from inside the rc.local
script?

Thanks
Bob Parker