Re: Framebuffer support in kernel

* Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org) [010823 17:50]:
> > video=matrox:vesa:443
>
> I think you need to add:
>
> append="video=matrox:vesa:443"

Okay, that worked just fine. Well, the fonts ended up a little smaller
than I wanted, but I figured out a value that I liked.

Now though, I'd like to know how to use a different font at the console.
I've enabled these lines in my kernel configuration:

CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y

Does a different font get used depending on what video mode I boot into.
For example, font 'a' with 1024x768 mode vs font 'b' with 800x600 mode
?? The fonts are certainly a different size in those modes (obviously),
bu they 'look' the same -- to me at least.

REgards
Hall